Monday, March 10, 2014

More about Jusufu and Evelyn Tommy


I kept the email that Robert Hill sent the team explaining how important our team members in Sierra Leone are to this mission.  Jusufu (Ju) and Evelyn Tommy, Kangaju and Lucy, and, perhaps, others will play crucial roles. Robert related that when setting up clinics, they will be our labor.  In the clinics and pharmacy, they will serve as interpreters. When dealing with local customs, they will be our navigators and when buying goods and services, they will be our barterers.  Finally, and equally important, when traveling in Sierra Leone and beyond they will be our friends.  From Robert, I know that the team members in Sierra Leone have been "spreading the word" that we are coming so many children will soon be able to have needed medical treatment.  Recently, I introduced Kangaju and Lucy.   More than a week ago, I posted a little bit about Ju and his sister, Evelyn.  Since then, they have sent additional information to Robert.  I want you to know them so read their statements below.  Please pray for these team members that God will protect them and give them peace, joy, and rest before our arrival and during our stay in Sierra Leone.
*********************************************************************************************
"I am Jusufu Tommy born on 12 August 1974 in Manjama, United Methodist Church Health Center, Bo District.  I attended my primary school education at the United Methodist Church primary School Kulanda Town Bo, and furthered my secondary education at Christ The King College Bo (C.K.C).  Upon completion, I then studied at Njala University for higher education and acquired a Diploma and Higher Diploma in Computer Hardware and Electronics System. I later graduated with a BSc (Hon) in Electronics and Telecommunication at the same university. My hobbies are reading Christian materials, adventure and music. I am non racial and can work and live with anybody. I have a passion for humanity, electronics, and education."

Jususfu

"My name is Evelyn Tommy, born on the 1st August 1978 in Manjama at the United Methodist Health Center, Bo District. I attended the United Methodist Church primary School in Bo and later entered the Murialdo Vocational Institute in Freetown and graduated as a Seamstress."

Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment